Tuesday, January 10, 2012

eating in: sushi

I've really been wanting to start cooking at home more. I feel like I go out for almost every meal, or when I'm at home I eat some random combination of things I can find, like canned corn and a pb sandwhich... (don't judge). Don't get me wrong, I love going out and finding neat new places to eat, but there is just something I love about making my own food. I have a really long way to go when it comes to being anything near a good cook, but practice makes perfect! 
One of my Christmas gifts from Kevin was a sushi plate, dip dish, and chopsticks - so I dusted off my rice cooker and we had a "make our own sushi night". It was a lot of fun and I am obsessed (actually going to a friend's tonight to make more with her!).


Photobucket 
 We used sashimi grade tuna (about $4 for the smallest portion, which was plenty, from HT), crab leg meat, cukes, carrots, avocado and wasabi as our fillings. We spent about $20 for four rolls, which is pretty cheap, and it was fun making up our own combinations :)

-meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment