Thursday, March 15, 2012

to grow

I grew up in a small tobacco farming town in eastern North Carolina.  I lived two houses down from my grandparents who were gardeners. My backyard was full of fields and fields of vegetables and growth all year long. I grew up picking and shucking corn, digging up potatoes, shelling peas, and selling bags full of collards out of my Papa's garage. 
Maybe it's for that reason I love growing things. 
Maybe its because it is so relaxing and therapeutic tilling the earth with your hands.
Either way, I get so excited when I see the first sprout after days and days of carefully watching and watering and patiently waiting. I can't wait until I have my own home with a backyard where I can create my own small garden eat the vegetables I harvest. 
But for now, I will just have to settle for this balcony :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment